Saturday 6 September 2008

Dissapoinment yet again...

Its been ages since I last update my blog...yes, I know, I'm quite a lazy person...

Last Sunday, Malaysia celebrated her 51st Independent Day. I went to the Malam Merdeka (Gema Gemilang 51) Dinner, organized by the Malaysian Student Club. It was my very first time of proper Malaysia national day celebration in Adelaide for the last 3 years. Some photos posted on my facebook account.

In general, the entire event was not bad. Only the performances can be better. During the dinner, they shown some MERDEKA advertisements that sent me into reminisces about my times in KL. Here are two that I love the most! "Iklan Petronas Mederka (1999)" and "Tan Hong Ming's Love". It was great to meet up with fellow malaysians in this small Adelaide city.

I am always a very pround Malaysian throughout my life, we have delicious malaysian foods, superb beaches, wonderful tropical forest and mountain ranges, she is a very beautiful country! we even own various range of natural resources that no other country has.....but sometimes the government just demoralized me for being patriotic. We already celebrated 51 years of independence, till now people still dividing themselves by races and religions, arguing about rights for different races, the majorities asking the minorities to get out of the country....and other very disturbing controversy...

Just few days ago, during one of the Penang by-election's ceramah, a ruling party's division chief publicly called Malaysian Chinese "squatters" who do not deserve equal rights and will not have fair jugements/treatments towards the Malaysian Malays. Of cause, as I expected, his statement causes condemnation from various political parties both within the rulling party and oppositions. When various Chinese politians are requesting apology from him and disciplinary action towards him, he vanished....even the PM can't get in touch with him, and the DPM apologized on behalf of him...after few days of big hoo-haa, he reappear on the main streams and refuse to apologise on his racist statements, it seems like he just "slapped" our PM and DPM on the face...sigh...our country leaders seem powerless over this incident, the "drama" haven't reaches its end yet, and I have no idea what is going to happen next.

If the country going to have more of these kinda irresponsible and racist leaders to lead the country, the country has definitely no hope at all.

Sometime when I am walking on the street of a foreign country, I always wondering am I a true first class Malaysian? Will the country appreciate my contributions if I am to serve them? My favourite quote from LKY when Singapore and Malaya merged as a country, "Malaysia - to whom does it belongs to? Malaysian. I hope I am....". I seriously hope that one day, we, anak-anak Malaysia can proundly introduce ourselves as MALAYSIAN, not Malaysian Malay, Malaysian Chinese, Malaysian Indian.....and to build a stronger and well bonded country.

I just have to pray for the best for Malaysia, Come On!! who doesn't want their own mother land to be politically and economically stable? If anything happen, I am very concern about the safety of my family and friends back in KL....just hope that *finger cross* this will not happen again. *touch wood*!!

Here is the funny version of this whole racist drama that is going on in Malaysia, by KennySia.

=m@ouren=